GADGETS | Samsung improves the Galaxy A-series
Samsung takes the success of the Galaxy A Series and now bringing it up a notch with the Galaxy A50s. With new designs, features, and improved 48mp camera, it’s set to hit the market at an SRP of P18,990 (6gb ram/128gb storage model).
Compared to the previously released Galaxy A50, the A50s now has an improved multi-camera setup with a 48mp main lens, 8mp ultra-wide, and 5mp depth camera. The front camera also receives an upgrade as it now packs a 32mp front camera to enhance your selfies. It is also good to note that Samsung is adding a Super Steady feature for a much stable video recording experience.
Powered by the Exynos 9611 SoC clocked at 2.3Ghz, users can expect smooth performance in browsing, streaming, and gaming. This SoC is very efficient and users can stay online all day with the device’s 4,000mAh battery which supports Samsung fast charging via USB Type-C.
The Samsung Galaxy A50s will be available in new colors: Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush White, and Prism Crush Green variants. Samsung will be giving a free Galaxy Fit e for pre-orders made from September 13-27.
Samsung Galaxy A50s specs
- Exynos 9611 octa-core processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-U Super AMOLED display
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 512GB)
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/2.0 main camera, 5-megapixel f/2.2 depth camera, 8-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide camera
- 32-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4000mAh battery with 15w fast charging
- Android Pie with OneUI