Last year, we took a quick look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and it proved to be a truly impressive device, offering performance for working professionals and S-pen aficionados.
The success of the Samsung Galaxy Note series has gained a large fanbase that truly stand by these phablets. However, it’s that time of year again for Samsung to unveil the next big thing for the Galaxy Note series.
Introducing, the Galaxy Note10. A new line of premium smartphones that combines elegant design with powerful performance and productivity tools to help users make the most of every moment.
Galaxy Note users appreciate the power of sophisticated design—not just the look and feel of their device, but the experience it offers. Every element of the Galaxy Note10 is crafted to be sleek, slim and distraction-free, so users can devote their full attention to the ideas, projects, and content that matters most.
The Galaxy Note10 will come in two sizes with the regular Note10 coming in a compact form factor of 6.3″ inches and the Note10+ having a 6.8″inch Cinematic Infinity Display. Both models features the award-winning Dynamic AMOLED display: With HDR10+ certification and Dynamic Tone Mapping, photos and videos are brighter than previous Note devices, and feature a stunning, wide color range.
- Galaxy Note10 (256gb) P53,990
- Galaxy Note10+ (256gb) P60,990
- Galaxy Note10+ (512gb) P72,990 limited edition for pre-order only
Galaxy Note10, Note10+ Specifications
|Galaxy Note10||Galaxy Note10+|
|Display||6.3-inch FHD+Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display,2280×1080 (401ppi)HDR10+ Certified||6.8-inch Quad HD+Dynamic AMOLED Infinity-O Display3040×1440 (498ppi)HDR10+ Certified|
|Camera||Rear: Triple Camera – Ultra Wide: 16MP F2.2 (123°) – Wide-angle: 12MP 2PD AF F1.5/F2.4 OIS (77°) – Telephoto: 12MP F2.1 OIS (45°) Front: 10MP 2PD AF F2.2 (80°)||Rear: Quad Camera – Ultra Wide: 16MP F2.2 (123°) – Wide-angle: 12MP 2PD AF F1.5/F2.4 OIS (77°) – Telephoto: 12MP F2.1 OIS (45°) – DepthVision Camera: VGA Front: 10MP 2PD AF F2.2 (80°)|
|Body||71.8 x 151.0 x 7.9mm, 168g(BLE S Pen: 5.8 × 4.35 × 105.08mm, 3.04g)||77.2 x 162.3 x 7.9mm, 196g(BLE S Pen: 5.8 × 4.35 × 105.08 3.04g)|
|AP||– Exynos 7nm 9825 64-bit Octa-core processor (Max. 2.7 GHz + 2.4 GHz + 1.9 GHz)* May differ by market and mobile operator.|
|Memory||– 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage(LTE model only)||– 12GB RAM with 256GB internal storage- 12GB RAM with 512GB internal storage**pre-order exclusive model|
|SIM Card||LTE||Dual SIM: one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM||Dual SIM (Hybrid): one Nano SIM and one Nano SIM or one MicroSD slot (up to 1TB)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie)|
|Network||LTE||Enhanced 4×4 MIMO, Up to 7CA, LAA, LTE Cat.20 – Up to 2.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload* Actual speed may vary depending on market, carrier and user environment.|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, 1024QAM- Up to 1.2Gbps Download / Up to 1.2Gbps Upload*May differ by market and mobile operator.Bluetooth® v 5.0, ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, Location (GPS, Galileo*, Glonass, BeiDou*)*Galileo and BeiDou coverage may be limited. BeiDou may not be available for certain markets.|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Barometer, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB light sensor(BLE S Pen: 6-axis Sensor including Gyro Sensor and Acceleration Sensor)|
|Authentication||Lock Type: Pattern, PIN, Password Biometric Lock Types: Fingerprint sensor, Face recognition|
|Audio||Stereo speakers and earphones: Sound by AKG(In-box earphones: Type-C plug, hybrid canal type, 2way dynamic unit)Surround sound with Dolby Atmos technology (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus included) Audio Playback Format:MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF, DFF, APE|
|Video||MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM|
Galaxy Note10 key features
- Handwriting to Text: The Galaxy Note10 brings a powerful new capability to the re-designed, uni-body S Pen. Now, users can jot down notes, instantly convert their handwriting to digital text in Samsung Notes, and export it to a variety of different formats, including Microsoft Word. Users can now customize notes by shrinking, enlarging, or changing the color of the text. In just a few taps, meeting minutes can be formatted and shared; bursts of inspiration can quickly become editable documents.
- Evolution of the S Pen: The Galaxy Note10 builds on the Bluetooth Low Energy-enabled S Pen capabilities introduced on the Galaxy Note9 by adding Air actions, allowing you to control certain aspects of the device using gestures with the S Pen. By opening up the Air actions SDK, developers can create customized controls that give users the ability to play games or use their favorite applications using gestures.
- Samsung DeX for PC: The Galaxy Note10 extends Samsung DeX’s capabilities, making it easier for users to work between their phone and a PC or Mac. With a simple, compatible USB connection, users can drag and drop files between devices, and use their favorite mobile apps with a mouse and a keyboard, while keeping their data secure on their phone through Samsung Knox.
- Link to Windows: The Galaxy Note10 integrates Link to Windows directly into the Quick Panel. With one click, users can connect to their Windows 10 PC. There, they can see notifications, send and receive messages, and review recent photos without pausing to look down at their phone.
Features for creators
- Premium Video Technology: The Galaxy Note10 enables users to capture pro-grade video without having to carry around any extra gear. Live focus video adds depth-of-field adjustments so you can blur the background to focus on your subject. Zoom-In Mic amplifies the audio in frame and pushes background noise aside to help focus on the sounds that you want. And to remove the bumps and shakes that usually make an action shot blurry, new and improved Super steady stabilizes footage, and is now available in Hyperlapse mode for steady time-lapse videos.
- Quick and Easy Video Editing: Once they’ve recorded their video, Galaxy Note10 users can edit-on-the-go instantly right from their phone. Video editor can be used with the S Pen, so instead of having to tap to select or edit a clip, users can choose the precise moment they want to trim.
- Screen Recorder: For gamers who want to add some personality to their streams, or vloggers who want to enhance their tutorials, the Galaxy Note10 introduces Screen recorder. Easily capture what’s on the screen, use picture-in-picture to add reactions, and use the S Pen to annotate as they record for a more entertaining, engaging video.
Ira James is an enthusiast who has his roots on PC hardware and gaming. His career as a tech journalist began after working in the PR industry for two years. He started GGWPTech to write PC hardware reviews, gaming, cyber security, and enterprise tech news. His works are also syndicated by other media publishers: Tech Sabado, and the Sunday and Business I.T. section of Manila Times.